What are the basic functions of polymer lithium ion battery protection board
Regardless of whether it is a lithium ion polymer battery, a lithium ion battery, or a lithium iron phosphate battery, the requirements for the protection board are the same. The basic functional requirements are as follows:
1. Over-discharge protection: When the polymer lithium ion battery is about to run out, the voltage reaches a required minimum value, the protection board will shut down, and the product will not be discharged, so the product will automatically shut down, forming an over-discharge protection purpose .
2. Overcharge protection: When charging the polymer lithium-ion battery product, when the voltage reaches the highest voltage (4.2V), the protection board will automatically power off and turn off, indicating that it is full and no longer charging. The formation of an overshoot protection purpose.
3. Short circuit protection: When the polymer lithium ion battery is accidentally short-circuited, the protection board will automatically shut down within a few milliseconds and will not be energized. At this time, it will be fine if the positive and negative poles touch one, and a short-circuit protection is formed. Will cause an explosion.
4. Over current protection: When the polymer lithium ion battery is discharged, the protection board will have a maximum current limit. Different products are different. When the discharge exceeds this current, the protection board will automatically shut down.
5. And the safety and anti-failure function design and anti-static shock design that the polymer lithium ion battery protection board itself should have.